"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."
~ Terry Pratchett, Jingo
The Lost of Dunlin's Reach have always been divided. Between the local Lodges that have long since held sway over the humans of the land, the Baswenaazhi and the Wawaazisii, and the broken Courts of the Seasons, Dawn and Dusk, Moon and Sun. Dunlin's Reach has been colonized many times in the past; Seasonal courtiers and others have been met with scorn and derision by the local groups. And always, always something terrible happens to strike them down.
Through misconceptions and division, the stage has been set for not one, but two Freeholds poised and locked in cold war. The schemes and manipulations of the local Lodges move to twist the Seasonals against one another more so than they already are. Everyone dances on the razor's edge of a war that one Freehold is desperate to prevent, and that the Baswenaazhi and Wawaazisii are interested in propitiating.
The scene had come to play out to where two freeholds stood now comes the one, but the Lodges remain with a scrutinizing eye now. There are still dangers lurking behind every corner, and with the time coming to pass they are only growing greater with their threats.
What comes next will either be the final, last stand of the Seasonal Courts of Dunlin's Reach, or a destiny carved out of a blood-spattered landscape of nightmare and isolation.
If interested in a Tier slot please open a +request ATTN:SJ
All Tiers must follow the guidelines.
Open to new applications. Please see App Standards for game-wide application standards.
The Changeling sphere is presently
Character generation is fairly simple. Simply walk through character creation as a mortal and add your supernatural stats to the job that's created when you exit (see "+help request" if you need help with that step). There is no particularly bad type of character created, though if the stats don't make sense for the concept, we'll work with you to make sure it makes sense. Please make sure to add about your Keeper and durance within your background. After that, describe yourself and write your mien (see "+help changeling" for how to set your mien) and approval is in thy grasp.
Changeling Newbie Guide is a recommended reading for all new players.
The following should be included in your job after you are done with the mortal chargen:
- Court (If any)
- Entitlement (If any)
- Beginning Contracts (5 dots - 2 must be for Seeming and/or Court)
- Free Specialty (Athletics, Brawl or Stealth ONLY)
- 50 Starting XP Spend (+XP for any other incentives)
- Mantle * (1) is free for Court PCs.
- Language: Mourning Cant * (1) for Winter Court PCs.
The following should be included in your background:
- Life prior to being taken.
- When you were taken.
- Your gentry information including the name of your gentry.
- Your time with your gentry while taken.
- When you escaped.
- How life was after you escaped.
- Any connection to other PCs by blood or marriage.
- PCs you shared a durance with.
Needs Prior Permission:
At this time, the following concepts are restricted and really not advised to make sure your character has a niche he/she can fill:
(Slots that do become available are given out at a first-come, first-serve basis. The first person who asks about a particular concept will be allowed to app for it. If you are interested in any of these limited/restricted concepts please first put in a +request (+request ATTN: SJ=Your character's concept) prior to going through chargen)
- Ambassadors to the local courts or other supernatural spheres.
- Hedge-centric characters.
- Dawn, Dusk courts
- Fresh From The Hedge
- Fae-Touched Psychics
- Goblin Merchant
Restricted From Use At All:
At this time, the following concepts are not allowed. Please do not ask. You will be denied.
- Anyone trying to join an existing Motley from Chargen. (Only obtainable outside of CG)
- Sun, Moon Courts
- Court Goodwill in chargen (Only obtainable outside of CG)
- Slave Merit in chargen (Only obtainable outside of CG with a pre-approved PRP)
- Shadow Contract in chargen (Only obtainable outside of CG with a PRP through Capitola)
- Mantle higher than 3 in an application (Mantle 4+ needs to be gained after approval)
- Wyrd higher than 3 using merit dots (This is a MUSH-wide policy regarding power stats)
- Wyrd higher than 4 in an application (Wyrd 5+ needs to be gained after approval)
- Directional Courts
- Waawa, Baswen Courts
- Sworn to the Dragon's Knell Freehold or Iron Spire Freehold (Must be done through IC means)
- More than one Attribute at 1 (two attributes at 1 are able to be done with justification approval)
- True Fae
- Exiled/Banished Fae
The following are a list of things that should be known prior to making a character with any of these elements due to it may make it harder for your PC to come in. We do not need you to put in for prior permission for it.
- Characters coming from Portland, Halifax, Augusta, Portsmouth due to Gentries having taken over the areas.
These bonuses CAN be combined.
- Local: +5XP Characters that were born and/or raised in The Reach (Aleswich, Dunlin's Point). CG ONLY
- Entitlement: +1XP Characters that have an entitlement or join one on grid.
- Wiki: +1XP This is for those with wiki pages. This can only be claimed once per character.
Outside CG Only:
- Motley: 5xp First time joining a motley (whether a new motley or an existing motley).
While not incentives and not giving out an incentive bonus, these particular character types would be interesting to see on grid.
- Characters interested in specific Entitlements; you may not necessarily be part of one at chargen, but have the overall goal of joining one. Some interesting Entitlements that we would like to see would be: the Squires of the Broken Bough, the Twilight Gleaners, Adjudicators of the Wheel.
- Characters that have a (fairly public) professional mortal job or occupation that they have to keep separate from their Changeling lives. Lawyers, policemen, professors or teachers, business people, etc.
- Characters that have a tie-in to the local Keepers. There are already a few people on grid who are tied to them! This could help you flesh out your character with vague memories of others from Arcadia that show up in dreams and nightmares about your Durance.