| Hunter: The Vigil
| "We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight. " - H.P. Lovecraft
Dunlin's Reach is the kind of place that has always needed those strong, vigilant people. It has always begged, in it's darkest heart, for the kind of people with the sheer doggedness, and right-mindedness to do what must be done. The Reach is a community plagued by darkness, by corruption, and by the malignant, reptilian minded essence of pure and utter evil. The majority of the locals walk with heads down and minds free of the knowledge of what waits in the darkest of the hillside thickets, or makes infernal deals with desperate folk. People refuse to glance beyond the night that surrounds them, and to even acknowledge the predators in their midst. A place like Dunlin's Reach is more in need of the desperate, savvy people who are willing to die so that those normal people can keep on living that blessed, simple dream. Few places in history have ever needed the Vigil more then this forsaken place.
Hunters have always existed in the Reach, dating way back to when it was founded. However, except for in small engagements, they have always existed in the background. They have, for the most part, lived normal lives. Task Force : Valkyrie has always had its eye on the area. Only recently, with flagrant supernatural activity have they set up a headquarters in Aleswich under the guise of an ATF branch set up to help fight the 'War on Terror'. The Malleus Maleficarum has long been drawn to the dark woods, and what infernal creatures slumber beneath them. And as for the Lucifuge...until recently the Turners have been a headquarters for members of the Seventh Generation to lead hunts all along the east coast. Until recently the Hunters have waited, or kept a meager presence. Now, however, the darkness rises, and with it the Old Gods stir in fitful slumber. The time to hold that candle high has come. If you fall, someone else will surely pick it up in your stead...and hold the Vigil until the day that the darkness no longer threatens man.
- Sphere TL: OPEN (Troy filling in)
- Admin: Centralia
- Admin: Amityville (shared with Mortal)
Rules and Systems
- Books in Use: A comprehensive list of approved Hunter books usable by both players and staff.
- Approved Merits: All Hunter-specific merits approved for use in play.
- Endowments: A list of all Endowments approved for use.
- House Rules & Clarifications: House rules and clarifications of base systems from the Hunter series.
- Compacts and Conspiraces: A list of currently accepted compacts, conspiracies, and their sub-factions.
- Any scenes that divulge metaplot information run by hunters to give information to other hunters gets a +1 XP for everyone in scene.
This section will be about the local Conspiracy/Compact members, both PCs and NPCs.
Hunter is presently Open to new applications. Please see App Standards for game-wide application standards.
All applications start in character generation, allowing you to set up your basic mortal app save for XP spends. You'll enter your background there, set your starting stats, and you'll select your template of Hunter at the end of character generation. A job will be created in the Hunter bucket by the system automatically. Here is the information you need to include in that job so that your application can be processed:
- Hunter template information.
- Professional Contacts from Professional Training
- Asset Skills
- Free Specialty from Professional Training
- Any other corrections due to limitations in chargen.
- Incentive XP
- Base XP (Tier, Standard, XP from Permafreeze)
- Morality Sell Downs
- XP Spends
- Please include them in the following format: Cost:Stat Name Current Level to Level Purchased (Ex: 15:Stamina 2 to 3)
- Make sure you include any information for 'specifics' on a purchase. If you buy contacts, give me the details on the contact. So: 2:Contacts 0 to 1 / City Official
Do not include your starting equipment request in your application. That should be submitted on a different job to equipment staff. Please make sure that your +finger, description, etc. is all set prior to submitting for final approval.
- XP Incentives
- Joining a Cell (first time) - 5 XP
- Cheiron Group, Lucifuge, Malleus Maleficarum - 5 XP
- Ashwood Abbey, Barrett Commission, Long Night, Loyalists of Thule, Maiden's Blood Sisterhood, Network Zero, Null Mysteriis, The Union - 10 XP
- Group Application - 5 XP (in addition to cell bonus)
- Concept Built Around Pursuit of Knowledge - 5 XP
- Locals. Must have been in the area at least two years. - 5 XP
- Non-XP Incentive
- Members of major conspiracy get their first dot of status and endowment free.
- Compacts and Conspiracies: Aegis Kai Doru, Ascending Ones, Bear Lodge, Cainite Heresy, Division Six, Heritage House, Hunt Club, Keepers of the Source, Knights of St. George, Les Mysteres, Night Watch, Promethean Brotherhood, VASCU
- Any concept that revolves solely around PK or hunting PCs.
- Suggested Ideas
- Social Warriors
- Private Investigators
- Mad Scientists
- Discouraged Ideas
- Experts in everything. Having one area of expertise is okay, knowing everything? That's just boring.
- Combat focused characters. We have a lot of them just now.
- Concepts looking to Hunter as a springboard to another sphere instead of a focus of play.
Note that if you do not see a particular compact/conspiracy listed, that means it is allowed but is not incentivized. We do not give any XP bonuses for solo hunters, however, they are allowed. We do highly encourage joining a compact or conspiracy to make it easier for inclusion in the sphere and for your character to operate, however, there is nothing wrong with a solo hunter concept with a mind to being recruited ICly into a compact/conspiracy. This list is far from an exhaustive list of things we encourage and/or discourage, each application will be evaluated individually for suitability for the sphere and might be denied or have requested changes even if it meets everything listed here.
|Add a Concept
| Task Force Valkyrie: [Cell #84759]
Specifically NOT Needed Concepts:
- Front Line Operatives
- Weapons Specialist
- Combat Specialist (Vampire, Geist, Werewolf, Ghost/Spirit/Demon, Changeling)
- "I was here all along!" TFV's had an active and involved PC presence on grid for over a year. We welcome TFV veterans, but do specify that you were recently transferred in, please.
| Mixed Compact Cell: The Custodians
- Network Zero, Union, Thulist, Null Mysteriis Concepts (Other compacts may be welcomed with a good idea, ask!)
- Anyone who can fit in with our 'reality/webseries' cover and who's willing to appear on camera!
- Medical Consultant (Meet strange things and dissect them for the record!)
- Security / Larceny Expert (anywhere from a security consultant to a second-story man)
- Scientists (For analysis of found strangeness!)
- Researchers (Of any stripe)
- Hackers (We're heavily Network Zero influenced, after all!)
- Combatants (We aren't the most martial cell, but sometimes it can't be helped!)
| The Union: The_Exterminators
- Average Joe or Jane
- People from all walks of life; dock worker, exterminator, mortician, banker etc.
- Close combat specialist.
- Ranged specialist.
- Stripper (John would love the scenery).
- Legal Expert
- Construction guy, boy do we have a job for you.
- This group is mostly Union, but we are willing to work with other Compacts or Conspiracies provided you don't worship the devil or summon fiery demons to do your bidding.
| Blood Maiden's Sisterhood: Pi Alpha Kappa
- College female concepts. These are the main things the Compact recruits.
- Males, as long as they are okay with never rising above Status 3, and being in a female dominated Compact. College student men are not recruited, but faculty, college staff, and townies are totally viable.
- Specialists on various monster types, though the Compact focuses mainly on Vampires.
- Social characters to help run charity events, parties, and just be social!
- Combat experts
- We have scientists and academics, but we are college students, so more won't hurt!
- For all concepts, see 1 and 2, and work from there! Contacts Aspen for info!
| Cheiron Group: TBA
- Agents off all sorts.
- Combatants, in the Retrieval division.
- Recruiters and front men.
- A third player to play a male role, one of the head executives of the division.
- Researchers, hackers, tech savvy people.
- Marketing and product development. We are an umbrella company.
- See Kaiser or Caliph with questions.