| I'm Not Here, I'm Just a Silhouette
Quite some time ago, a ship went down out there in the black and brackish deep. A man who was not called Landon Gale was aboard. Normally that would be the end of a story, but for that fellow it was only the beginning.
Landon Gale is not the name of the man that escaped, but it is the name to which that fellow presently answers. He's been around Dunlin's Reach in one form or another for as long as anyone can remember. Not that anyone does. The precise time of his arrival is muddy, in part because his comings and goings have proven to fall more in favor of his goings. The perpetual sailor, Landon washes out to sea and returns in time, stepping onto shore to see if there's anything left of home worth involving himself with.
Having found the Reach populated by Lost upon his most recent visit, he saw fit to involve himself with Captain Vernon and the crew of the Salted Robber. For a season he served as a bridge between two worlds, having made pains to establish ties among the land lubbers while maintaining his loyalties to captain and crew. With the coming of Autumn, however, he left the Banner Reforged and swore into the Orphaned Fleet, becoming its Autumn Regent.
He is an unlikely pirate with that said. Even so, the mannerly, decorous, and rather antiquated ways of Landon Gale have nonetheless managed to win him a place among the crew: that of ship's doctor.
Strange as it might seem on a vessel absolutely lousy with Spring Courtiers, the retiring Autumn settles the butcher's bill, plying the surgeon's trade within the sickbay of his ship. As a noted Oneirophysician, he seems to suffer from the foibles of character common to that Entitlement. He's grown progressively more aloof and distant as his powers have increased leading some to question the wisdom in seeking more of it..
| Call Me A Cliche? How Right You Are.
- Water: Landon spends about as much time on the ocean as he does on land, and when on land is usually found dockside. Usually in a bar.
- Oneiromancy: Landon is an aspiring Onieromancer, seer, and general creepy occultist.
- Changeling: He's a man living between two worlds. He is also a changeling.
- Sailor: Landon can often be found on the water, if not in or near it.
- Random: I'd rather find a reason to play than make up a reason not to play.
- Doctor: Landon pays the butcher's bill for the Salted Robber.
- Alternative Medicine: Landon is an Oneirophysician, a dream healer. These powers are not limited to the Lost and can cure afflictions of the mind and body.
- Regent: Landon is the regent of the Orphaned Fleet.
- Dunlins: Are you a Dunlin? Especially a Dunlin who is Lost? Landon would take a particular interest in you if he were to find out.
- Methodist: Landon attends services at Sailor's Methodist Church in Aleswich, every Sunday morning. He sometimes drops in for bible studies and is something of a modern Lay preacher. Faith discussions, people of shaky faith, or those who enjoy singing in four part harmony would be welcome RP.
| I'm Waiting For Someone Or Something To Take Me Over
- Captain Vernon Foli : He doesn't much care for my private inclinations, but now views my skills as indispensable. Which is appropriate, since they are.
- Queen Mae Delkar : The beautiful, charismatic, enchanting temptress whom we all call Queen. She could make the pope cough.
- First Mate Nathaniel Drake : A scoundrel of the first order, but a competent swordsman and an excellent oneiromancer. We might be friends under different circumstances.
- Missus Morae : My one dear friend.
- Miss Tehani : I sew you up, body, mind, and spirit. You keep running out and breaking yourself. Why am I okay with that?
- Chief Morae : I ask too much of you, but it is nothing you would not give. The most underestimated man I know.
- Mister Kidd : As true as a prow, as loyal as a dog, as smart as a box of hammers. Aim at the enemy, kick in the pants, stand well back.
- Mister Strange : He transforms shipboard living from survival to luxury, and no one notices how. That is true magic, far more potent than any I know.
- Miss Annoura : Transparent. Caught between land and sea. Bereft of one of her senses. I am uniquely drawn to this woman. Superficial similarities can be compelling when you never let people in.
- Miss June : This woman knows who she is. I am unsure if anyone else does, but I believe she doesn't think that matters much.
- Mister Elmo : Welcome aboard.
- Officer Dunlin : There is so much I wish I could tell you. So much I wish I could teach you. So much I wish you knew. But you make me proud, even so. I hope you come to understand that one day.
- Doctor Ivanov : We are kindred spirits, I feel. Perhaps one evening we can not speak over drinks.
- Miss Fresnel : We are so much alike, yet so different. I wonder what the future holds for us?
- Miss Harris : I wouldn't call what we enjoy trust. But it's a start. I see with jaded eyes now. You are Winter and I am Autumn.
- Miss Powell, the Autumn : Having lost my Stazi I know something of the loss you now feel for Prudence. And you are about to know something about mine.
- Mr. Powell, the Summer : It was a uniquely trying experience trying to serve you. I imagine you are as relieved as I am that it's over. You have proven the measure of your intentions and the worth of your good name. You have much to be proud of.
- Alice : She called me Landon and I didn't correct her. I wish to help if I am able.
- Mister Bramble : You are so much more optimistic than I am. Don't you see the inevitability of it all? This is a chess game, Mister Bramble, and we are all pieces. The game is played five moves ahead of the ones we are plotting. And we are on the same side of the board.
- Doctor Kirkland : A sensible moderate voice, a persistent force for compromise in Aleswich and a fine hostess too. My colleague.
- Mister King : I have a very long memory. (A very, very long memory.)
- Mister Bones : Having helped to heal your mind and reaffirmed your course in life, having taken you in when others threatened your life and sheltered you when those you called friend turned on you for your choice of acquaintances, I am sadly not at all surprised at your choice in Freeholds. You seem to relish in suffering, after all.
- Miss Buckingham : I truly enjoy conversing with her. She is very bright and insightful.
- Miss Stacia : I know if you could have chosen how you wished to go, it would have been this way. I know that the best any of us can hope for from this life is a death that means something to those around us. I tried to say I was sorry. I tried to warn you of the danger out there. I tried to keep this from happening. Goodbye, dreamer. "These violent delights have violent ends and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume."
| Simply Forgotten How To Disappear
| Shortly after Landon swore to the Salted Robber's crew, he came upon Sharq floating broken upon a piece of flotsam, washing in on the tide. Hypothermic, badly wounded, barely alive, Sharq was taken aboard the Salted Robber by Landon. With a little help from Eternal Spring, Dream Healing, time, and the crudely conventional methods known to Landon Gale, Sharq pulled through. Indebted to Landon for his life and having been told the grim reality of his options after waking up aboard the Robber, Sharq had little choice but to sign on as a shareman.|
Sharq now serves as Landon's personal body-guard and orderly, learning the butcher's trade alongside the quiet Autumn.
| Juan 'Santo' Martinez
| Santo joined the crew during a recent jaunt down to the Yucatan. He was on the run from the cartel, a pharmacologist with a rather chequered past. Landon just so happened to be a Doctor in need of an assistant. The two have come to a working arrangement wherein Landon helps to polish the man's medical skills and Santo helps out around the sickbay and infirmary, tending to patients when the doctor is away.|
Together with Sharq, the two assistants to the Doctor make it possible for him to provide around the clock medical supervision of a patient in both the physical and dream worlds. It goes without saying this has dramatically improved the quality of care available to the crew of the Robber.
| Landon Gale
| Date of Birth:
| Apparent Age:
|| Regent of the Orphaned Fleet
|| The Un-Drowned
|| The Orphaned Fleet
| Out There On The Darkest Star
- Tell me would you kill to save a life?
- Tell me would you kill to prove you're right?
- Crash, crash, burn, let it all burn
- This hurricane's chasing us all underground
- No matter how many deaths that I die I will never forget
- No matter how many lives I live, I will never regret
- There is a fire inside and it started a riot
- about to explode into flames
- Where is your god? Where is your god?
- Where is your god?
- Do you really want?
- Do you really want me?
- Do you really want me dead?
- Or alive to torture for my sins?
- There is no pain you are receding.
- A distant ship's, smoke on the horizon.
- You are only coming through in waves,
- Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.
- When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,
- Out of the corner of my eye.
- I turned to look but it was gone,
- I cannot put my finger on it now,
- The child is grown, the dream is gone.
- I have become comfortably numb.
- Give me mercy for my dreams,
- For every confrontation seems,
- To tell me what it really means,
- To be this lonely sailor.
- And we'll go down to Port Royale
- And drink like fishes in Pirate Town
- We'll take it down and dress as dandies
- And gamble candy, rum and brandy
- We'll date the strumpets and dress as fops
- And spend our money and live it up
- Cos no young bloke can carpe diem
- Like a pirate in his hey day.
- Here comes the rain again, falling from the stars,
- Drenched in my pain again, becoming who we are.
- As my memory rests, but never forgets what I lost,
- Wake me up when September ends...
- Hopeless, through these years like smoke in gears,
- I go from place to place just endlessly and half asleep,
- I go falling alone in some endless breach.
- I don't know where I am, I don't know what I've done,
- I just go over and over, again and again and again.
- I can't sleep at night, I can't breathe,
- But if I drink tonight, I'll get you off my mind
- In the ever-present pit I feel,
- I'm turnin' on some spinnin' wheel,
- The faces, endless scenes I see,
- And none of it seems real to me.
- Just the bleary haze of the morning still to come...
- Days, days are forgotten.
- Now it’s all over, simply forgotten.
- How to disappear.
- Home bred, I’ve got blood lust,
- Feeding you bread crust, I leave no scar.
- You say I’m old hat, a fucking dirty rat.
- Call me a cliche? How right you are.
- Cos I am flipping bag of bones,
- I am righting all your wrongs,
- You may call it suicide,
- But I’m being born again; I’m waiting!
- There'll be no more questions, maybes or mights,
- Darkness descends, run out of light.
- When you go blind you get second sight.
- The deeper you dive the greater the heights.
- So don't dry your eyes or say it's alright.
- Life is hard, it's a fight even if she kissed your cheek,
- Still the days become weeks, no rewind, no repeats.
- As the days become weeks, no rewind, no repeats.
- Days, nights, wrongs, rights, earthbound starlight...
- Amazing grace, how sweet the sound,
- That saved a wretch like me.
- I once was Lost but now am found,
- Was blind, but now I see.
- Twas grace that taught my heart to Fear,
- And grace my Fears relieved,
- How precious did that grace appear,
- The hour I first believed.
- Through many dangers, toils, and snares,
- I have already come.
- Tis grace that brought me safe thusfar,
- And grace will lead me home.