Mush news:Demonic pacts
HELLO FROM CIBOLA
Oh hi guys. I am putting a hold on approving more pacts, as we are quietly reworking the system up in the Fortress of Solitude.
The Reach offers demonic pacts, using the rules from World of Darkness: Inferno. As stated in Inferno, other groups can take supernatural demonic pacts other than just mortals. While this is a part of the game, mortals will have a few advantages in pacts that supernatural creatures do not.
At its heart, the demonic pacts system can be an unbalancing part of the game, allowing people to quickly acquire power for relatively little cost; systematically there are few if any mechanics in the sacrifices required to get a demonic pact. While some require Vitae/Willpower/Gnosis/etc. expenditure, most sacrifices require the death of another person. This can be done ICly either with sacrificing an NPC or PC, your choice. Obviously either may cause unwanted drawbacks and repercussions, but them's the breaks when you're making demon pacts, right?
The categories are an explanation of how demonic pacts and deals with demons will work on the Reach.
- Information regarding the system of demonic pacts: Mush news:demonic pacts system
- General Information regarding demonic pacts: Mush news:demonic pacts general
- Werewolf characters and demonic pacts: Mush news:demonic pacts werewolf
- Vampire characters and demonic pacts: Mush news:demonic pacts vampire
- Sin-eater characters and demonic pacts: Mush news:demonic pacts geist
- Changelings are not able to take demonic pacts.
- Mages are not able to take demonic pacts.
- Purified Immortals are not able to take demonic pacts.
- Pacts require multi-part PrPs and are not approved out of chargen.