- Dom: Shaiya is one. Her familia initially hails from Italy, and her kumpania has traveled all over the states for the past few generations. They are a less than traditional, traditional family. Shaiya maybe be off to strike her own for a while, but they are always around if she needs them. Shaiya also speaks fluent Romani.
- Performer: Shaiya's family comes from a long standing line of performers and fortune tellers. The kumpania travels in a small carnival, a family operation, and they set up shop wherever that lay their head. Shaiya was a performer like the rest of her family. Aeriel stunts in addition to belly dancing and vocalization.
- Changing Breed: Shaiya is one. She's a Vagahuir, a carnivorous bat. One of the Songs of the Sky.
- Seer: Shaiya is an emissary to Spirits. They have been whispering to her since she was a very young child. She receives visions and insights of the future, through dreams, and meditative trances. However powerful, she is just starting down the path of a seer and she still has much to learn.
- Fortuneteller: Shaiya can see the future. Like... the actual future. She can look reasonably far into the future and she offers up this special gift as a service to paying customers, familia or gajie alike. Whoever is willing to pay for her power. She left for a while and returned with fame over her powerful visions.
- Healer: If you have wounds, Shaiya can heal them, regardless as to the nature of such wounds, the girl can Lay on Hands and make things better. She has become known for her soothing touch just as much as she has for hr other talents.
- Logs: Shaiya is often times apart of things. Click here for a list of them.
- Virgil - "You live in an interesting place, at very interesting times. I'll need your help, by my side to fend of the oncoming corruption. Our Fate depends on us all working together." Devlesa avilan - It is God who brought you
- Ian - "Dark one, yours is a path that has been paved with so much turmoil. You believe in my warnings. All you need do now is learn to accept others into your soul. The cold will consume you otherwise." Te na khuchos perdal cho ushalin - To try to jump over your own shadow.
- Liz - "A new comrade in arms. You are as strong as you are sweet. Welcome to our family."
- Seve - "Broken. His soul is modaxo for ever. Du' dera, dear prala. My soul weeps for yours. Though I wonder, if the nightmare that you must have suffered has placed a sliver of fear in your heart. Try not to be too many things, the world is much bigger than us. The Rom cannot survive solely on how they used to." Chces li tajnou vec aneb pravdu vyzvédéti - Wouldst thou know a truth or mystery.
Shaiya is of a branch of the gypsie families known as the Dom. They have an oral tradition and express their culture and history through music, poetry and dance. Initially it was considered that they are a branch of the Romani people, but recent studies of the Domari language suggest that they departed earlier from the Indian subcontinent, probably around the 6th century. The world wide used name for Gypsies to identify themselves was term "Rrom", which in Romani language means a man. The words Rom, Dom and Lom was used to describe proto-Romani people that split in 6th century. Several tribes moved forward into Western Europe and were called Rom, while the ones that remained in Persia and Turkey were called Dom.
Among the various Domari subgroups, the Ghawazi are the most famous for their dancing and music. The Ghawazi dancers have been associated with the development of the Egyptian raqs sharqi style which ultimately gave rise to Western schools of belly dance.
From day one her life had been about Familia. Shaiya's kumpania originally hailed from Italy, migrating to the states a few generations ago. Like many of the Dom people, they were wanderers, vagabonds, performers and thieves. The Silvanius family were scrutinized among other families, as they were spoken to be shimulo, the walking dead or vampires. This was entirely untrue, as they were a victim of symbolism. The Silvanius family were actually all Ferals and beast-kin. Specifically Vagahuir, bat. Given the association of bats with the vampire, among the many other stereotypes and accusations that were made towards the Rom, the Silvanius familia fell quickly into these rumors, which suited them fine, all they needed was each other. And the other family still accepted them, they were just wary. Shaiya, like many of the Silvanius family, came from many many children.
Unlike the other traditional Dom social structures, the women were regarded much much higher than others. They were exalted as mothers, and like all Vagahuir social structures, becoming mother gave you status and renown. Shaiya's was one of the many offspring of the Rom Baro Phuro and Drabarni of the kumpania.
At an early age, she was touched by Spirits. She teemed with the essence that they desperately craved, and they coveted her for this, filling her dreams with nice things, sending her whispers and secrets all through her young life. And Shaiya became strong because of it. She grew up to be physically impressive and skilled even as a youth. She was strong, quick, and often quite alluring as her mother. She took to watching over her brothers and sisters as soon as she could pick up a stick. Overseeing them with a headstrong authority, viciously attacking any gadje who would dare come to cross one of her family.
She was watched, closely by the Ferals in her family, as they were sure she would one day change, given the path she was walking. They were correct, she came down with a very bad fever for weeks, keeping her bedridden, dreams of leathery wings, midnight songs and terrible things filled her sleeping mind. Her mother went to tend to her one night, and Shaiya was covered in a blanket of bats, which scattered away from her in the light, in which the sleeping girl woke and underwent her very first change.
Stepping into her new life, ushered by her family, Shaiya started to understand the whispers and the words that the spirits were speaking to her. They give her insights into things that were beyond normal sight. She started to become renowned amidst her people as a valuable seer and a fortuneteller. Her life was just beginning for the most part, and soon she would have to venture out on her own. Over time, she attracted the attention of a certain spirit that saw in her the potential for growth and growth within itself through her. It guided her to travel on the wind, and it lead her where she needed to be always. In her wake she always left an impression around the people she met, and there was really no telling how long her time would be with them, but it wasn't something she worried about. She even got in good with a few wolves along the way, obtaining an object of great spiritual significance.