| The World of Darkness
“The monsters make me hide. Perhaps I'll eat myself alive; internally there's nothing left for me to be. I can't care for what's left me behind, and stare at light that makes me blind. These broken walls trap me inside. Have no choice but be isolated, struggling, left alone, apart. Pushed aside, made segregated, struggling, left alone, apart. I have no choice but be isolated, threatened, forced to extract the heart.”
Isolated - Chiasm
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
- Chuck Palahniuk
Mortal/+ and General Staff
- Team Lead: Lambesc
- Mortal Admins: New Orleans, Amityville, and Montaup, with additional support and aid from Sprawl, who is officially a General Admin.
- Mortal Storyteller:
- Law Admin/Storyteller: Rockland
- Crime Admins/Storytellers: Asgard and Cibola
Rules and Systems
This section will be about the local Mortals of all stripes, both PCs and NPCs.
Chargen begins in the Chargen Rooms. Please go all the way through those to set your stats. Please see App Standards for game-wide application standards.
A job will be autocreated once you have finished. Please read +jhelp myjobs for any commands that aren't clear. Add a comment to the job which shows your XP spends and anything else that you want set on your sheets. Please follow this template when adding your spends to the job.
Here are a few questions that you might try to answer in your +bg sections. Many people find it easy to just cut and paste the questions and answer them. That's fine, and in fact, makes our jobs really easy. Be as detailed as you like, so that we can get a good sense of your character, but try to avoid rambling, to keep turnaround times down. (We don't mind reading your stories! We just know you want to get on the grid as quickly as possible.)
- The Mortal World
- What was your life like growing up? What was your family like?
- Where did you live?
- How did you perform in school (if you went)? How did the others see you?
- What profession did you end up in? Why? What are your talents?
- What are your views on the other groups of people? Are you racist? sexist? etc.
- What are your views on the Unknown? Are you a believer, or someone more rational?
- Do you have many friends? Who are they? Why do they hang out with you?
- Do you have any enemies? Why do they hate you?
- Where do you live now? If you're not a native, what brought you here? How long ago?
- What do you do in Aleswich/Dunlin's Reach? Who might know you/have heard of you?
- Legal Status
- Have you ever been convicted of a crime after the age of 18 years old in the United States? If so, was this in Dunlin's Reach County? Have you been arrested in Dunlin's Reach County, and if so, why?
- If so, what was the result of the conviction? Are you still on probation?
- Did you finish your time or probation?
- The Other World (optional, generally M+)
- When did you first encounter the supernatural? Describe in-depth what happened. Did anyone die?
- How did you react after? How did you deal with your newfound knowledge?
- Who helps you advance your knowledge? Why?
- Do you have any special talents? What are they? Where do they come from? (Actual answer and believed answer may differ here.)
If you're Possessed, be sure to write up your demon as detailed
App Guidelines for all M/M+ Characters
- Desired Concepts
- Locals - Characters who have been in the area for the last ten years. 5 XP bonus.
- Police Detectives who will actually investigate crimes. No incentive but they are now open again!
- Application Guidelines
- More than three fours in Attributes and Skills.
- Fives in anything should be justified and mentioned in your background.
- More than a single one in Attributes.
- Character creation only Merits must be bought with Merit points.
- The fifth dot of an attribute, skill, or merit costs two dots.
Please keep in mind that just because your PC meets the listed requirements does not mean that staff will approve your sheet as-is. We do not want to keep people on a tight leash, but if we feel as though you are abusing the line of what is acceptable stat-wise, we will ask you to change it. We reserve this right. There is no particularly bad type of character created, though if the stats don't make sense for the concept, I'll work with you to make sure it makes sense.
|Add a Concept
Here are some concepts that our players would like to see on the grid:
- Example concept:
- Bowling Alley Attendant.
- Casino (with games of chance to roll for)
- Custom Auto & Truck Business Owner. (Legal + Illegal mods.)
- Tow Truck Driver.
- Truck Driving Company (criminal front).
- Social Worker.
- Streetwise Informant (for cops).
- Streetwise Informant (for crooks).